INTERNATIONAL HELLENIC UNIVERSITY
|Partner||INTERNATIONAL HELLENIC UNIVERSITY|
|Institutional Coordinator||Dr. Thomas THOMIDIS|
|Partner Profile||The International Hellenic University (IHU) has its headquarters in Thessaloniki. It was formed, based on Law 4610/2019 (Government Gazette 70/Α’/07-05-2019), by the merger of the International Hellenic University with the Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki (TEI of Thessaloniki), the Technological Educational Institute of Central Macedonia (TEI of Central Macedonia) and the Technological Educational Institute of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace (TEI of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace). There are two main campuses in the city of Thessaloniki and the university has educational and administrative facilities in eight cities. It is the only public university in the country, where Study Programs are also offered in English. There are 7 Schools with 34 Departments in subjects and fields that meet the requirements of a modern university. IHU includes a University Center for International Programs of Studies based in Thessaloniki, aiming to provide higher education in English to Greeks and foreigners of first, second and third cycle. Moreover, there are more than 40 institutionalized laboratories and the University offers more than 50 postgraduate study programs (22 in English), some of which are cross-curricular or interdisciplinary. There are also many collaborations with universities and research centers in Greece and abroad while memoranda of cooperation have been signed with academic and social bodies, strengthening its position both in the Greek higher education sector and the European one. The research activity of the university is important and present to all stakeholders, with particular emphasis on national and European financial frameworks. Both active and past research actions include a number of NSRF projects and INTERREG transnational partnerships as well as European frameworks such as HORIZON 2020 and Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions. The strategy of international development is a constituent part of IHU main strategy, strongly related to EU regulations, international standards and provisions. The main overall objectives of the international strategy of IHU are:
• To promote cooperation between institutions, thus mutually enriching the educational environment, to share responsibility and accountability for their joint efforts in partnership by facilitating transfer of know-how and good practices.
• To enable talented students to benefit linguistically, culturally and educationally from the experience of pursuing academic studies in another country.
• To enhance the skills and qualifications of its staff so that they can contribute actively towards the improvement of quality in university research, in changes in system governance and to the innovation of higher education.
• To improve the transparency and recognition of studies and qualifications, in particular by favoring the practical implementation of Common Areas of Higher education, as suggested by the Bologna process and ECTS (European credit transfer and accumulation system).
• To enhance in the medium term the political, cultural, educational, research and economical links between the European Union and other countries, promoting common values of respect for human rights, fundamental freedoms, peace, democracy, good governance, gender, equality, the rule of law, solidarity and justice.